Happy (the week after) Halloween!
We’re back this week with a story that will make your head spin, around and around, like a…. well, you know. We’re talking about the 1998 horror manga by Junji Ito, Uzumaki. The works of Junji Ito have grown in popularity significantly over the last few years with the re-releases of many of his major works in the United States. To celebrate the 2021 spooky season, Tori, Bill, and Austin talk about Ito as a creator, Tori “liking him before he was cool,” Bill’s binge reading, and of course the main event, Uzumaki!
Also, before we review the manga, we chat about what we’ve been watching and reading in preparation for Halloween. We missed being at Anime Weekend Atlanta this year but we’re hoping to make it there in 2022. Since this is coming out after Halloween, we hope you survived. Also, if we had to look at the Junji Ito Funko Pops, SO DO YOU!
If you like what you hear, please consider leaving us a Rating, Review, or Comment on whatever podcast service you use, and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest updates!
- Various Tracks by Yuki Hayashi from the Junji Ito Collection Soundtrack
- Various Tracks by Keiichi Suzuki and Tetsuro Kashibuchi from the Uzumaki (2000 Live-Action Film) Soundtrack
- Unknown Track by Colin Stetson from the Uzumaki (2022) Soundtrack
- Adult Swim Teaser for Uzumaki (2022) with Director Hiroshi Nagahama
- Naoki Urasawa interviewing Junji Ito
- Junji Ito becomes a VTuber
- ANN Interview with Junji Ito (2019)
Connect with us on Twitter at twitter.com/TI_Anime